Collegiate Young Farmers & Ranchers
The Collegiate Farm Bureau program is part of the YF&R program and works to engage agricultural students from college campuses, introducing them to Farm Bureau.
Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation does not currently have Collegiate Young Farmer & Rancher clubs. To learn more about Collegiate Young Farmers & Ranchers or how to start a chapter at your university or community college, contact Leadership Coordinator Rachael Peterson.
Collegiate Discussion Meet Contest
The Farm Bureau Collegiate Discussion Meet contest is designed to simulate a committee meeting where discussion and active participation are expected from each participant. This competition is evaluated on an exchange of ideas and information on a pre-determined topic. The judges are looking for the contestant that offers cooperation and communication while analyzing agricultural problems and developing solutions.
- Campus contests are held throughout the state in the fall
- Two finalists from participating campuses advance to compete at the state finals during the Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting in November
- The winner of the state competition advances to represent Minnesota at the national Collegiate Discussion Meet competition, held during the American Farm Bureau Federation Young Farmers and Ranchers Leadership Conference
- Cash prize, sponsored by Christensen Farms
- Transportation, lodging and registration costs covered to attend the national YF&R Collegiate Discussion Meet competition, held during the American Farm Bureau Federation YF&R Leadership Conference, sponsored by Christensen Farms